The Borough of Dormont Stormwater Authority was formed on August 3, 2015, by Ordinance No. 1609.
The Authority submitted its Articles of Incorporation to the Pennsylvania Secretary of State on October 5, 2015, but due to delays at the state level, the Authority was unable to receive official approval of its Articles of Incorporation until February 4, 2016.
On March 23, 2016, the Authority held its first public meeting and organized its Board. On April 27, 2016, the Authority passed a resolution authorizing the collection of a Stormwater fee prorated for the second half of the calendar year 2016.
The first bills were sent to Dormont residents and property owners at the beginning of June 2016 and the first fees were due by the end of July 2016. 2017 Billing will be mailed the last week of December with a due date of January 31, 2017. Residents will have the option to pay a one-time yearly fee or break it into quarterly payments throughout the year.
We are committed to completing stormwater management projects, controlling sediment, contaminants and pollutants, implementing State and Federal clean water regulations, facilitating public education and public involvement and improving the water quality of Saw Mill Run Watershed and the Ohio River
The Dormont Stormwater Authority’s vision is to advance stormwater management in the Borough through a network of highly engaged professionals that:
- Lead: Provides leadership that results in sustainable stormwater policies, regulations, and programs.
- Collaborate: Provides a forum for stormwater board members and residents to share ideas and identify solutions for stormwater issues.
- Educate: Produces resources and hosts events that inform, educate, and train the public on the value, challenges, and technical aspects of stormwater management.
- Support: Provides tools and guidance to promote implementation of sustainable stormwater programs.
- Develop: Provides opportunities for the growth of stormwater Board Members and development of current and future stormwater leaders.
We at the Dormont Stormwater Authority invite you to work with us towards clean water and stormwater management goals. Monthly meetings for the Dormont Stormwater Authority can be accessed by personal computer, tablet, smart phone or in person on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 PM. Please join us!
July 20, 2022 - view recording here - passcode: &*6h1uPh